Friday, December 7, 2007

Cafe Tacvba at the Gibson

Went to see Cafe Tacvba at the Gibson a few nights ago. It was awesome! I waited and waited for a mosh to start but it never happened. (Maybe I should start my own next time). =P

With Christmas around the corner and the roughest year of my life coming to an end, I needed a change of pace, a different experience to mark the beginning of a new year--and what better way to spend a night than to see one of the best rock en espanol bands ever with someone you love.

The concert was a gift to me and my ex-girlfriend--a way for me to find some healing and to show her how awesome I think she is. She's moved on and "met people", while I'm still dealing with the end of our relationship and this insane year of deaths and transitions. Either way, we both deserved an awesome gift. It was nice to sit up front, literally feel the music in my bones, connect with the vibe of those on stage, and know that this gift is a gift of love--to her and to myself.

Thank God for a beautiful night and an opportunity to open new doors! It's a new year!







No comments: