Sunday, December 23, 2007

I scream Bologna!

WeHo, 11pm and I'm craving ice cream. A friend and I hit up Pavilions and start browsing the ice cream aisle. He grabs a box of vanilla wafer sandwiches after a lot of mutual indecisiveness. He's down 'cause "they're small and lite", and I'm down because we've been eating In N Out like a couple of addicts. So even though I've been craving some slow churned Rocky Road, these little things will have to do.

So I bite into the first little sandwich and it's got this familiar taste, which I can't quite place. It wasn't till I finished the first one and bit into the second little booger that I recognized the taste. "It's bologna! It has a bologna aftertaste!" My friend let out a little laugh and smirked as I swallowed the vanilla on vanilla wafer sandwich.

The next day I'm craving one of those little sandwiches so I walk over to the fridge and take a look at the box. The fricken things are made of tofu! They're non-dairy ice cream sandwiches! My friend started laughing at my surprise . . . explains his smirk I thought. I took the tofutti product out of its wrapping and had another sandwich.
Bologna never tasted so good.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

my sister loves those things :)